An alarm for clinical studies
An alarming fact for clinical studies1: the efficiency of clinical studies is low, slowing patients’ access to innovative new therapies.
The main contributing factors identified are:
- The low retention time of investigational sites in clinical research.
- The increasing complexity of study protocols.
The main critical consequences are:
- The recruitment of subjects participating in a study has become a long and unpredictable process.
- The quality of the data produced to generate study results and analysis is placed at risk.
1-Society for Clinical Research Sites. An Industry in Crisis – The Escalating Cost to Society of Our Inability to Sustain the Performance of Clinical Research Sites Today and Into the Future. March 2014.
To meet these challenges, Alcoam by Design follows two approaches:
• Be centered on the patient.
• Be centered on the needs of clinical investigators.